Full Time Experienced CNC Turner and Miller - Engineer
The successful candidate should have the ability to work from drawings, patterns and basic instructions to manufacture, adapt and repair various parts, as per customer requests. Working within a team to complete various projects both one offs and large volume work.
Working with a variety of materials such as steel, stainless, aluminium, bronze, brass, nylons - all within its various forms and sizes.
The successful candidate should have time served experience within the following areas:
To be considered for this role you:
• Must have knowledge and experience of CNC Milling, turning basic welding.
• Capable of programming, programme rectification, setting and operating of various machines
• Able to work to tight deadlines in an ever changing production timetable
• Able to work with a variety of materials
• Be able to work under own initiative and have strong problem solving skills
• Must be able to read and correctly interpret engineering documentation
• Must be able to view production patterns and repair, adapt or manufacture from pattern
• Hold a Full, Clean UK driving licence (the ability to tow a trailer would be advantageous)
The ideal candidate will be able to work under their own initiative whilst also able to follow directions from the Workshop Manager, working to tight deadlines and adaptable to the changes that come from the nature of our work and customers. The successful candidate should have a ‘can do’ attitude and be able to problem solve.
Initially the hours will be 38.5 hours, Monday – Friday with the opportunity of overtime within the week and weekends. The role will require the successful candidate to be added into the On Call rota system with night and weekend call outs to be covered after a full induction and a 3-month probationary period.
Whittlesey Engineering Company Limited is a family run business with nearly 50 years’ experience. We have a variety of customers and are a dynamic company with no two days being the same.
For more information please contact Charlotte Garner on 01733 203766 firstname.lastname@example.org